There are so many facets to handle when acquiring a new business, many entrepreneurs don’t know where to start! At Casal & Moreno as business acquisition lawyers we’re experienced in dealing with companies that are purchasing and/or merging with other companies. We’re here to assist you with the appropriate financing for mergers and acquisitions and provide advice concerning the drafting, negotiation, and fulfillment of contracts for the sale of all or portions of your business. These types of transactions are among the most complex and significant events in the life of a business. The consequences of acquisitions reverberate both internally and externally throughout a company.
The vast majority of acquisitions are undertaken by medium and large-sized companies. Large firms often focus on the buying and selling of public companies. These are generally the largest and most complex deals, are often cross-border and can involve cash and/or stock considerations. However, deals between smaller private companies can also be multifaceted, particularly where partnerships are involved.
As business acquisition lawyers we’re here to:
- Identify your business objectives.
- Explain the legal issues –these vary depending on factors of the sale.
- Build a “road map” of acquisition for you, including a timeframe.
- Advise on deals and negotiating tactics.
- Conduct due diligence on the business acquisition target.
- Determine the tax implications of acquiring a business and advise on next steps.
- Assess regulatory obstacles, gain regulatory approval and analyze any other required regulatory approvals.
- Work with local legal counsel for international clients.
- Review all your contracts: business, employment, outsourcing, debt instruments, preferred stock, etc.
- Obtain third-party consents from lenders or parties to other contracts.
- Negotiate the agreement, sign, announce publicly, and close the deal.
Are you thinking of buying or selling a business? Not sure of the legal and financial implications of your decision? Hiring business acquisition lawyers can protect your interests from the start. We can help draft and implement legal documents to help. Contact us today!